Welcome to OnMyCanvas. Thanks for being a part of my community 🙂
Copyrights: I have the full copyrights to all the content that I have on this blog. If you want a piece of my writing or a photo or any other content, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use my content without my explicit permission, it is illegal; backlinking or mentioning my name doesn’t count.
We may collect personal identification and non-identification information from Users in a variety of ways,
1. When Users visit the Website and submit information – The User might fill out a subscription form, leave a comment, respond to a survey, etc. While doing this, the User may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, website. This personal identification information is only collected when submitted voluntarily to OnMyCanvas by Users.
3. Information is collected using Cookies – Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, which are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded into a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’). Session cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while persistent cookies stay until deleted.
Cookies ensure a better experience for a user.
How we might use the collected information
The Website may use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run, operate, and maintain our Website.
- To improve User service – To acknowledge you as a user and to customize the Website as per your preference.
- To improve our Website – We may use your feedback to improve your experience and our services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Website feature
- To send you information such as a new post, a newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the emails by accessing the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email any time.
- To respond to your query, question, or comment. To provide complete user support.
- To send you administrative emails – We may use the email address to send User updates on policies, confirmation emails, response to a query or questions, or a relevant notice or alert to bring something to the user’s attention to be able to serve him or her better;
- To protect you from illegal activity.
- To account and analyze advertising on the Website.
Can a third-party have access to the User’s personal information?
We never share or trade your information with third parties.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – Google Analytics captures the user information such as IP address, the country the user is accessing the website from, and how the user has navigated the website, such as the time the user spent, which pages he or she visited, and the referring website.
We do not share any user information with any other third-party application. If that changes, the policy would be updated to reflect the same.
How we protect your information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Website. We cannot guarantee if a super-hijacker attacks the universe and download all the data. We just do the best we can.
If a User chose to subscribe to the Website’s newsletter, they will receive the newsletter regularly. If at any time, the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email and the User may also contact us by email at email@example.com.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Display Ads and Affiliate Program Participation
Neither does the Website display any ads nor does it engage in any affiliate program as of now. This policy would be updated to reflect any change in this behavior.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, which are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded into a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’).
Cookies ensure a better experience for a user.
Cookies may be set by the Website (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by third-party applications, such as Google Analytics, those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (‘third party cookies’).
Example of first party cookie-
When you leave a comment on this website, you chose to save your name, email address, and website (stored as cookies). These details are saved in your browser so that you don’t have to enter the same details the next time you comment. The browser would save these cookies for one year.
Example of third party cookie-
Cookies also provide data to third party-applications such as Google Analytics and third-party plugins.
How to manage Cookies?
To read more about cookies and how to manage them, please visit aboutcookies.org.
Comments on this blog
If a User leaves a comment on this Website, the comments are stored and published, along with the name of the User, the Website of the User, and the date and the timestamps of the comment. If the User is logged in with WordPress while leaving a comment, then the User’s profile picture is also logged and displayed along with the comment. In addition, the user’s IP address is also logged.
This information is never passed onto any third party unless required by law.
We are not aware of the age of the user and hence cannot say if a child under the age of 16 has registered to the Website. If you think that your child under the age of 16 has submitted to any personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the data deleted. We would act as fast as we can to delete the data from our systems.
Information that you submit to us is at your discretion –
Keeping your personal and sensitive information private is in your hands. Never submit information such as ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political affiliations, medical information and sexual orientation to our Website or to any other website.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using OnMyCanvas, you accept this policy. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be also deemed your acceptance of those changes. If you do not agree with this policy, please leave the website.
In case you do not want to receive any future emails from the Website, you can unsubscribe via the link provided at the bottom of each email or contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to see or update the personal information we have of you, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask us to delete your personal information by sending an email to the above-mentioned email id.
Please note that we might need to retain certain information as per the circumstance and requirements, legal or of this Website.
Thank you for reading and for staying connected 🙂