Welcome to OnMyCanvas. Thanks for being a part of my community 🙂
Your acceptance of these terms
Copyrights: Priyanka Gupta is the owner of all intellectual property and materials published rights throughout the Website onmycanvas.com. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. If you use my content without my explicit permission, it is illegal; backlinking or mentioning my name doesn’t count.
1. The materials contained on onmycanvas.com are provided “as is” for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice. The information shall not be relied upon as such and the Website makes no warranties, express or implied, about the content on this site. The Website does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
2. All images appearing on the onmycanvas.com website are the exclusive property of Priyanka Gupta and protected under international copyright laws. The images on this site may not be reproduced, modified, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Priyanka Gupta, except as permitted under the doctrine of fair use.
3. No materials contained on the Website can be downloaded or used for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Priyanka Gupta. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and the Website is under no obligation to update such material, but will use reasonable efforts to ensure that information is updated, accurate and relevant.
4. The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: (a) loss of revenue or income; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of data; (e) loss of goodwill.
5. The Website will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by virus attack to onmycanvas.com or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
6. Where the website contains outbound links to other third party websites, these are intended for information only. Onmycanvas.com has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of them.
Onmycanvas.com is owned and operated by Priyanka Gupta. If you have any concerns about material that appears on this site please contact me via the contact page.
In addition, please note that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected, and in other countries including Canada and/or the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than other countries.
By using the Website, you accept this policy.
“Personal Information” for the purposes of privacy law is information about an identifiable individual, such as their name, address, telephone number and email address. Personal Information does not include aggregated information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, or other non-personally identifiable information.
We may collect personal identification and non-identification information from Users in a variety of ways,
- When Users visit the Website and submit information – The User might fill out a subscription form to a Website newsletter, leave a comment, respond to a survey, etc. While doing this, the User may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, website. This personal identification information is only collected when submitted voluntarily to the Website by Users.
Information is collected using Cookies – Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, which are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded into a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’). Session cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while persistent cookies stay until deleted.
How do we collect, use, protect and disclose your Personal Information?
The Site requires your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions in law.
The Website may use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- On the Site: We may use your Personal Information to send you our weekly newsletters; to run, operate, and maintain our Website; to improve User service – to acknowledge you as a user and to customize the Website as per your preference; to run a promotion, contest, survey or other Website feature in which you have participated; respond to inquiries that you make through the Website; to receive feedback and make improvements to the Website; to maintain a database of client information; and to protect you from illegal activity. In accordance with applicable anti-spam laws, we will only use your Personal Information for marketing purposes with your prior consent.
Please note: If you subscribed to one of the Website’s newsletters and no longer wish to receive it, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email any time. If you have any questions or concerns about your unsubscribe request, you may contact Priyanka Gupta via the contact page.
Can a third-party have access to the User’s personal information?
We never share or trade your information with third parties.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – Google Analytics captures the user information such as IP address, the country the user is accessing the website from, and how the user has navigated the website, such as the time the user spent, which pages he or she visited, and the referring website.
We do not share any user information with any other third-party application. If that changes, the policy would be updated to reflect the same.
How we protect your information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Website. The Website has a number of policies and procedures in place to protect your Personal Information.
Despite our best efforts, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. We cannot guarantee if a super-hijacker attacks the universe and download all the data. We just do the best we can. In that respect, you hereby acknowledge and accept the potential risk of inadvertent disclosure due to any such disclosure beyond our reasonable control. In addition, please note some of our service providers may be located in countries where authorized government officials may lawfully be able to access your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent pursuant to the laws of such countries.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
The Website doesn’t display any ads as of now. This policy would be updated to reflect any change in this behavior.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on an affiliate link, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales( so that the sale could be attributed to the website.) The website then receives a commission depending on the arrangement between the Website and the marketing partner.
Amazon Services LLC Associates Program
The Website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and its many domains, subdomains, and affiliated sites.
As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales. This means that whenever you buy a product on Amazon from a link on onmycanvas.com, I receive a percentage of its price as a commission. This helps pay for the hosting and other fees associated with running onmycanvas.com as an ad-free and sponsor-free space. I greatly appreciate the help.
Read the US cookie tracking information here on U.S Amazon.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, which are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded into a browser. They are widely used to ‘remember’ you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a ’session cookie’) or for multiple repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’).
Cookies ensure a better experience for a user.
Cookies may be set by the Website (known as ‘first party cookies’), or by third-party applications, such as Google Analytics, those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (‘third party cookies’).
Example of first party cookie-
When you leave a comment on this website, you chose to save your name, email address, and website (stored as cookies). These details are saved in your browser so that you don’t have to enter the same details the next time you comment. The browser would save these cookies for one year.
Example of third party cookie –
Cookies also provide data to third party applications such as Google Analytics and third-party plugins.
How to manage Cookies?
To read more about cookies and how to manage them, please visit aboutcookies.org.
Comments on this blog
If a User leaves a comment on this Website, the comments are stored and published, along with the name of the User, the Website of the User, and the date and the timestamps of the comment. If the User is logged in with WordPress while leaving a comment, then the User’s profile picture is also logged and displayed along with the comment. In addition, the user’s IP address is also logged.
This information is never passed onto any third party unless required by law.
Privacy of Minors
The Website recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Website is not intended for children under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
But we are not aware of the age of the user and hence cannot say if a child under the age of majority has registered to the Website. If you think that your child under the age of majority has submitted to any personal information to us, please contact us here to get the data deleted. We would act as fast as we can to delete the data from our systems.
Information that you submit to us is at your discretion
Keeping your personal and sensitive information private is in your hands. Never submit information such as ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political affiliations, medical information and sexual orientation to our Website or to any other website.
In case you do not want to receive any future emails from the Website, you can unsubscribe via the link provided at the bottom of each email or contact us at hello at onmycanvas dot com.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information you can contact the Website here. You can also ask us to delete your personal information by sending an email to hello at onmycanvas dot com.
Please note that we might need to retain certain information as per the circumstance and requirements, legal or of this Website.
Thank you for reading and for staying connected 🙂
Want similar inspiration and ideas in your inbox? Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter "Looking Inwards"!