What to do in Penang in 3 days
- Introduction to Penang
- 3 days in Penang — My Penang itinerary to fun and food-filled trip to Penang.
- Day 1 — Art, Street food, and historical places to see in Penang
- Day 2 — Penang hill, Clan jetties, and a seafood dinner at hawker center with live music.
- Day 3 — Penang National Park for nature or Hin Bus Depot for street art and Batu Ferringhi beach to end the day with a golden sunset and good food.
- Have only two days in Penang?
- Important information – Planning your trip to Penang
- Where is Penang Island?
- Where to stay in Penang city?
- How to reach Penang, Malaysia?
- What is the best time to visit Penang Island?
- Where to exchange currency in Penang?
- What would be your Penang trip budget?
- Resources to help you visit some of the Penang famous places.
- Supplementary reads to this Penang Travel Blog
Introduction to Penang
After a short walk under the bright sun from the bus stand to my guesthouse in Georgetown at Lebuh Carnarvon, I put my bags in my room and went out for a stroll. For those who don’t know, Georgetown is the capital of Penang state or the Penang island.
I was famished after a long bus drive from Taman Negara, and Carnarvon street seemed like the right place to be. Little did I know that soon I was to be lost in the labyrinth of the streets of Penang flaunting exquisite art and some delicious Penang food.
The streets seemed empty, and I wondered if there were any tourists. A friend had questioned my Malaysia trip by saying that the only thing to see in Malaysia was Penang.